Thursday, December 15, 2011

Intensive Feeding Therapy Day 2

Thursday
8:30am - weigh in and measure
26lbs and 34 inches
8:45am-9:30am - Meal 1
4oz cup of Yogurt and 5oz of a 8 oz bottle
11:45am-12:30pm - Meal 2
4 oz cup of Yogurt, a couple sips of milk from a cup, refused - apple sauce and straw cup's
12:00pm-2:00pm - Nap time
Slept from 1-2:30!!!
2:45pm-3:30pm - Meal 3
Vanilla pudding cup, refused - any cups, pureed peaches and cheerios

What does a day look like at feeding therapy you ask... Well it looks like chasing Gabriel from room to room telling him to 'close the door', 'dont go in there', 'time for a nap', and 'time to eat'.  There are currently five children in the intensive feeding program including Gabriel.  We rotate through to feed and play the waiting game.

Gabriel is able to open every door in the place and likes to make it known.  He enjoys calling the elevator up to us on a regular basis as well.  The only downtime at therapy is when Gabriel is sleeping.  I didn't think about it but you cant go anywhere besides the common room and his bedroom while he is sleeping so I was unable to run and grab something to eat.  I had to make a mental note that lunch's have to be packed for adults!  Goodness.  This is a learning experience for everyone!

If you have any questions about out experience please feel free to comment on a post or email me!

How was therapy today?
Photobucket
It was fine, I only had to eat what I wanted to.
Photobucket
How is that going to make you want to eat?
Photobucket
I dont know.
Photobucket
I think they need to make you try things!
Photobucket
I don't!
Photobucket
EW, is your nose seriously still bleeding?
Photobucket
Yup.
Photobucket
Bro-Ther, you are falling apart!
Photobucket
I am not!
Photobucket
Maybe a little?
Photobucket
Things just dont work the same on me as they do you!
Photobucket
Well you better get all of your parts working, I need my playmate healthy and ready to go!
Photobucket
You've got it sis!
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment