Monday, December 12, 2011

Extreme pay it forward...

Whenever we welcome a new parent into our group I tell them "Welcome to a new family you never knew existed until now.  My new family has been coming together for three years now.  I have gained several very close friends though our love for someone born with extra chromosomes.

We bring many talents to the table and work together to advocate for our little ones.  The world is not prepared for what our children will bring to the table.  Our children will not be put in the back corner, they will stand strong and take part in inclusion with all children.  Our children will teach others about acceptance, love and celebrating all achievements no matter how small they may seem.  

My West Michigan Mommies are an extremely strong group of Mommies.  We hold each other up when needed.  As you may have read on our blog already, the Purdy family has been in need.  My being out of work for 8 weeks is going to be very hard on our house.  My girls took it upon themselves to work very hard to help us out.  They posted this post on one of their websites and promoted it on Facebook.  They even sold cookie dough... over 250 tubs of it.  They are the ones who came together to pay for Isabella to continue with daycare during the 8 weeks.  The Purdy family is at a loss for words!  We are able to enter feeding therapy Wednesday with our heads clear and held high ready for all of the challenges feeding therapy has and not worry about bills at home.  These ladies are my hero's.  I could not ask for better women to call my sisters!  We are all in this together, we all cry at setbacks, fight for rights, celebrate moments together.  We are a team, we are a family!!!!

I am in tears.  This act of kindness is so far above and beyond my wildest dreams.  This is above and beyond a pay it forward, it is an extreme pay it forward.  I hope these women never NEED to call me to assist with their IEP's but I will be there to help them and their children whenever needed!  I love you girls!  Thank you!

 Photobucket
 Photobucket
Gabriel is all ready for intensive feeding therapy with his styling Elmo place set!
Photobucket
Thank you everyone who helped our family!  It means so much!!!!!!!
Photobucket

1 comment: