Monday, August 13, 2012

My Precious Things

Bro-Ther, do you really have to have surgery today?
Photobucket
I asked the same question Sis.
Photobucket
and?
Photobucket
I am trying to escape but I am not sure I can make it out.
Photobucket
I don't like how sick you got last time you had sinus surgery.
Photobucket
This time will be better Sis, I am on my new special drink that helps keep me healthy.
Photobucket
So you will be ready to play soon?
Photobucket
Maybe after this nap Sis.
Photobucket
Well hurry up!
Photobucket
Don't rush me, I am the one who just had surgery here!
Photobucket
Mom's notes -
Thank you Rain for keeping Sis today and tomorrow so that Gabriel can have time to heal with out feeling he has to run around with his sister!
Surgery went well and Gabriel came out of anesthesia MUCH better than he ever has!  Hopefully recovery goes smooth.
Gabriel's infectious disease doctor suggested using a product called Kefir instead of milk in his diet.  Gabriel has been on Kefir for just over 4 weeks now and is currently the healthiest he has been in over a year.  Kefir has 10 probiotics in it as well as everything milk has.  The only thing that it does not match up to Whole milk for is, it is 10 calories short of what whole milk has per serving.  I called Gabriel's nutritionist through the intensive feeding program and she gave her okay to try it and see if it helps.  He still has instant breakfast mixed in to add calories and other vital things he needs but nothing different from his usual diet.  In fact Kefir is thicker and so we do not have to add thickener to it.  Kefir has also helped with Gabriel's reflux (not sure why or how but it does make a difference). Gabriel likes the taste so much he is actually eating more than his required 32 oz per day.  He asks to have drinks which is GREAT!  We have been without antibiotic for the last 4 weeks, that is unheard of with Gabriel.   We are sold! I really hope and think it will help him heal from this surgery better than he healed from his last sinus surgery.  Isabella also loves it calling it her 'special drink'.  Here is to a healthy Purdy house this year!

1 comment:

  1. Here, Here!
    (PS: Don't tell kiddo's grampsH calls his special drink "beer"! Don't know about "healthy" but it keeps him less grumpy)
    grampsH

    ReplyDelete