Wednesday, May 9, 2012

What is Gabriel capable of?

Bro-Ther, I have high expectations where you are concerned!
 Photobucket
Huh?
Photobucket
It means I know you are able to do many great things and I am going to push you to be amazing!
 Photobucket
I am already amazing Sis!
 Photobucket
Bro-Ther, I am being serious here.
 Photobucket
Oooo, me too!
 Photobucket
Bro-Ther, you have some people convinced that you are unable to even follow directions.
 Photobucket
I get to do what I want, it is so awesome!
 Photobucket
No, Bro-Ther, that is not awesome!
 Photobucket
It's not?
 Photobucket
Bro-Ther, you need to surpass everyone's expectations because you are able to!
Photobucket
Okay, Sis, I will work on not playing like I don't understand.
 Photobucket
Good Bro-Ther!
 Photobucket
I love you Sis!
 Photobucket
I love you too Bro-Ther, that is why I worry about you!
 Photobucket
Mom's notes -
     Gabriel has convinced some important people that he is unable to follow even the simplest direction.  Do to this these people do not have high expectations for him, when Gabriel is with these people he is allowed to wonder around and do whatever he wants instead of joining the other kids.   
   Here is an amazing example of how Gabriel not only follows directions but how he is able to LEARN!
   Papa picks the kids up from daycare each Monday to have special time with them until Gabe and I get home from work.  Papa walked into daycare and Gabriel saw him.  Gabriel came sprinting calling 'papa, papa' as he ran across the room for a big hug.  After getting a big hug Gabriel looked back where he had been playing.  He wiggled out of Papa's arms and went back across to the toys he was just playing with.  Gabriel then proceeded to put his toys AWAY in the container he got them out of before running back to Papa.  He not only listened to instructions that had been given to him but he followed through on his own at a moment when typically that is the last thing on his mind. 
IMG_6830 
 Thank you Loving Hearts Little Hands for having high exceptions for Gabriel!
 Photobucket
Thank you Isabella too for your high Expectations too. ;)

2 comments:

  1. "You get what you expect".
    All too true of life, people, and expectations. Don't expect much, no mystery what you get. Expect alot-you get alot. My "THANKS" to daycare. This kid is plenty smart. Heck, he knows a droid/iPhone better than I do! Those "people" should take a step back and re-evaluate. They are flat out WRONG. grampsH

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bear cub is a master at pretending she doesn't understand so that she can do what she wants, too.

    ReplyDelete