Wednesday, July 11, 2012

ENT (blog 2 for today)

It's coming Gabriel!
Photobucket
What Sis?
Photobucket
Your next surgery.
Photobucket
Ug, when is that?
IMG_4042
Well it will be on August 13th or before.
Photobucket
Huh?
Photobucket
You are scheduled August 13th but they will put in earlier if possible.
Photobucket
Oh... did you catch what they will be doing surgery on?
Photobucket
Gabers, I was at school not at the appointment, you have to ask mom and dad that question.
 Photobucket
Well at least we got to have fun at music therapy.
 IMG_4047
Ya, mom told me I couldn't take part but by the end she let me play too.
 IMG_4043
It was fun having you there Sis!
 Photobucket
mom's notes -
  We got some good news, Gabriel's sinus's looked better than they did on his last scan.  But they were not clear like the ENT had hoped.  We then discussed what surgeries Gabriel will have done.  Gabriel will be having a new set of tubes put in as well as a Sinuplasty.  If the ENT is not able to create a large enough of an opening with the Sinuplasty he will then file some of the bone away to create the opening he needs to allow Gabriel's sinus's to drain.  We are currently scheduled for August 13th but will be placed sooner if there are any openings.  It looks like we will be doing surgery when we get the call. 
FYI- This is my 1,000th blog post!!! :)

2 comments:

  1. EEek. Does not sound like fun filing bone. But if it ends the sinus infections, pink eye, ear infections and constant antibiotics-it is worth it. Hope and pray it is successful! grampsH
    (PS: I was plenty worried when I did not see daily blog! Knew something was wrong. Congrats on #1000! I know I really appreciate seeing my little Buddies every day!)

    ReplyDelete
  2. My bear cub hasn't had sinuplasty, but when she had her first eye surgery done, they went through the nose and they had to create an opening to go through since the one she had wasn't big enough. Since she's had that 'eye' surgery, her breathing and sinuses have been much, much better. Q has had balloon sinuplasty and he raves about how much better he feels.

    ReplyDelete