Wednesday, March 23, 2011

10,000 meals

After dinner tonight I received a test message from my dad saying he was in the next town over helping to packing 10,000 meals for the hungry. The company he works for "Thrivent Financial for Lutherns" helped to fund the project.  He was not sure he was going to make it until today.  We are all very happy he did.  I quickly packed up the kids and we headed out to surprise Grandpa!
Making the 10,000 bags has been brought down to a science.  I am was so happy to see so many volunteers! What a great group of people!  I had to take the kids home before too much got going due to their being in the way. 
Here the kids are running around with Grandpa at Lakeshore Luthern Church in Spring Lake!
Photobucket
Photobucket
I love this picture, she has no idea she is so small!
Photobucket
Did you have fun getting to see Grandpa tonight Gabriel and Isabella?
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. Believe me, Grampa enjoyed it MUCH more than they did! I think they ran a "kiddie 5k"...one wall to the other, up the altar ramp, down the altar ramp, to the back, out in the hall. Just glad one of my steps equalled 8 of theirs!

    ReplyDelete