Thursday, August 27, 2009

Meeting

We had out IEP (Individualized Education Plan) meeting for Gabriel today. I am sure that it is not called an IEP when the child is not in school but whatever, I am tired tonight. The meeting went very well. Gabriel does not show enough of a deficit right now to have a plan for anything other than OHI (Otherwise Health Impaired). They are able to put him under this because of his heart surgery, eating issues and other health things.

Gabriel will be receiving PT (Physical Therapy)and OT (Occupational Therapy) each once a week. We still are taking Gabriel to ST (Speech Therapy) in Holland. He will get ST here at the house once he starts to talk. ST in Holland is working with his feeding as well.

I was very happy with the plan. I am excited that he will have therapy at the house twice a week. The more help he can get early on the better chances he will have! With being back at school I worry about his progress. I know Gabe works with him very hard but I still worry. Knowing he has the extra help makes me feel better.

3 comments:

  1. Sounds like all positive things! I am very glad he is geting the therapy at home too, all of it helps. Love ya Erika

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awesome! Those early intervention services were so invaluable for my daughter and I am sure you will find that they help him out so much! Glad you got everything underway!!

    ReplyDelete