Monday, March 2, 2009

Back to work

Well, I went back to work today. I would have lost our insurance if I did not head back today. It was very hard to be away from my little man for so long. I missed a my students. Most of all I missed the staff! They are amazing. I had no idea that so many of my co-workers were following Gabriel's surgery. It was nice to not have to recount what all has gone on. Many people were praying for Gabriel's successful surgery, many more than I even knew about! Makes me come to tears just thinking about it.
To everyone who reads this blog, you may not comment, I don't know who all of you are, and I may not even know you personally, but THANK YOU! Thank you for caring about my little family. They mean the world to me and it is nice to know that we mean something to so many people that they will take time out of their busy days to check on my son and to pray for his successful surgery!

3 comments:

  1. It was such a humbling feeling knowing how many people were praying for Lily when she had her surgery. I think that's part of the reason I feel the need to "pay it forward" for others going through open heart surgery. I bet you'll feel the same way!!

    By the way...I got a lovely comment from your mom on my blog. Thanks mom, since I bet you're reading this! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know that we made it through Ian's surgery with the prayers and support of many people we may not even know. I agree with Cathy that we just need to help anyone else we know in the same situation. Continued prayers...by the way Gabriel looks great!

    ReplyDelete
  3. It is amazing how many people really do care, I know at my building at least half the staff is praying for you and your little family. I am here for you all, just call. Love and friendship Erika

    ReplyDelete