Saturday, November 13, 2010

Sick

Gabriel woke up at 4 this morning crying.  I got him out of his crib and got him a bottle.  He threw up shortly afterward.  He continued to throw up through out the morning.  At 9am I called our pediatrician's office and got in at noon.  The nurse no more than got "What are you here for" our of her mouth when Gabriel showed her; down my front and all over himself.  Isabella was not happy about my quickly setting her down to deal with the mess.  That poor nurse wasn't sure what to do about the craziness going on.  The doctor came in and Gabriel showed him why I brought him in too.  The poor guy had to open the door to the room to catch his breath.  Can you picture it.  Gabriel in my lap, both of us covered in vomit.  Gabriel and Isabella crying.  I am trying to calm Gabriel down before he throws up again and get Isabella contained so she isn't playing in the vomit that happened to hit the floor.  I am sure we were quite the picture.  Never mind the fact that i am not feeling well either with so much sinus pressure.
The doctor gave us a script for meds to calm Gabriel's stomach and sent us on our way as quickly as possible.
I think Gabriel got a grand total of five baths today and I did laundry all day to keep up with the puke clothing.  
Here is my poor monkey this evening trying to rest.  As of 10pm Gabriel has not thrown up in 5 hours.  Hoping to make that streak even longer!
I am so dang tired.  Hope my morning does not start at 4am again for a very long time!
Photobucket

2 comments: