Saturday, November 20, 2010

house party

I have had many questions about the Gerber house party I won.  I am a part of a website called quite simply House Party.  Click here to be connected to the website.  You can sign up for as many or few house parties as you would like.  Each party has at least one essay question that you must answer.  Typically it is: What will you do to make your house party special.  I wish I saved my Gerber entry but it went something like this:

I am a mother two amazing children.  I have a two year old and a six month old who are my everything.  My two year old was blessed with Down syndrome.  He has a very difficult time eating due to many issues including having a feeding tube for the first year of his life.  There is an amazing support group of other parents who have been there and done that with our children.  We are willing to do anything and pay anything to get our little ones to eat.  
When I win this contest I will host a party for several of my son's friends.  We will be able to allow our children to taste test many Gerber products.  This will allow us to see what our kids like and don't like while having a good time.  It will help take away some of the stress of trying new foods with our little ones by ourselves.  It will also allow us to share some of the different tricks therapists have for getting our little ones to eat.  Gerber makes amazing products and I am looking forward to sharing them with Gabriel's friends.  So to make my Gerber party special I will host it at the local McDonalds playland.  This way the older kids can play while we concentrate on the little kids.  We will help raise awareness for Down syndrome while showing off your amazing Gerber products.

I can't wait to take a lot of pictures and send a huge thank you to Gerber!  We have moved our Gerber party until next Sunday so you will have to wait a week for pictures on here.  This gives Gabriel a little more time to get stronger before we are around so many other kids and germs. 

It is always something at the Purdy house... Isabella and Gabriel crack me up all day long!

"I love you!"
Photobucket
"I love you!"
Photobucket
"Mom, can you make him sick again!"
Photobucket
"Here Sis, I got your sippy cup for you"
Photobucket
"Mom!"
Photobucket
"FOOD"
Photobucket
"Mom, he stole MY chair!"
Photobucket
"Is this cute mom?"
Photobucket
"How about this?"
Photobucket
"One more."
Photobucket
"Sis, mom said your face is going to freeze like that!"
Photobucket
"I only smile when I am plotting to take over the world.  It keeps people guessing"
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. They are so stinkin' cute! Glad there is no more vomit! Congrats on the house party. That sounds like a lot of fun for the kiddos.

    ReplyDelete