Friday, February 6, 2009

Post Post-op (graphic)

Well, we finally had some dinner, boy did we need that! After dinner we went back to the hospital and spent some time with Gabriel. His blood pressure had stabilized a bit, it was a bit low which is normal for OHS. He also was still bleeding in his chest cavity, they did a blood transfusion and platelet transfusion to help with the clotting. He was starting to wake up a bit and move around while we were there which promptly earned him some more Morphine! I tried to get some, but no luck ;) Here are some of the pics we have taken in the last day and a half, sorry if they are to graphic for anyone.
Photobucket
Good drugs for Gabriel are good for mommy and daddy!
Photobucket
The morning of surgery, Boogie has no idea what is in store!
Photobucket
Everyone that is ready for OHS raise your hand!
Photobucket
Our little man post surgery!
Photobucket
Just between you and me, I think Mommy looks a little more worse for wear than Gabriel! (she was a stress bucket) I love you baby!

This is what I like to call THERES A NAKED BABY ON THE LOOSE! Taken earlier this week.

3 comments:

  1. I am so glad to hear the surgery went well. We will pray for a quick recovery! Try to get a bit of rest. Once he starts coming around you will want to be there to comfort him, so rest while he is still groggy.
    Cathie

    ReplyDelete
  2. Boy do those pictures bring back memories...memories I hope I never have to relive. Gabriel looks good! I agree with Cathie...get your rest! Thanks for the update!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Erin - I am so glad baby Gabe's surgery went well! He looks strong and handsome. Please know we are thinking of your family and praying for you :)

    ReplyDelete