Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Time Square

The photo I sent in to National Down Syndrome Society (NDSS) for a contest.  NDSS asked parents to submit photo's of their children for the video in Time Square for their walk.  I just got an email today stating:

Congratulations! After a worldwide search, the photo you submitted for the 2010 NDSS Times Square Video has been selected! 
The video will play in Times Square in the heart of New York City on the MTV plasma screen on Saturday, September 25, 2010.  The National Down Syndrome Society invites you and your family and friends to celebrate National Down Syndrome Awareness Month by attending the show and participating in the New York City Buddy Walk®. Thousands are expected to participate in this event to promote acceptance and inclusion of all people with Down syndrome.
The Times Square Video will begin at 10:15am and will be re-played at approximately10:35am.  We will gather to watch the video at the pedestrian mall on Broadway between 44th and 45th Streets. At 11:00am NDSS will provide transportation from Times Square to the NYC Buddy Walk site at The Great Hill in Central Park. Participants should meet the buses on 43rd Street between 6th Avenue & Broadway.  NDSS staff will direct you.

We are SO excited.  We are not able to attend because that is the same day our Buddy walk here in Grand Rapids.  I will share the video when I receive a link to it.  They said it would be sent out after the Buddy Walk.   If I was really good I would remember what picture I sent it.  I believe it is the one that is at the top of the blog.  Goodness.... can't take me anywhere.

1 comment:

  1. oh so exciting. wish you guys could go and see it in person. still such wonderful news! congrats!

    ReplyDelete