Sunday, August 29, 2010

Painting

Painting in brown and yellow

Monday evening my children decided to work their hardest to turn their mother's hair gray! Gabe was having trouble sleeping and had come into the room several times to try to quite the kids down but they were having too much fun to be quiet.  Finally I got Gabriel to bring me a book.  He then crawled into my lap to read.  Isabella in the mean time was playing in the pack and play in the living room. 

The room filled with the smell of diaper roses and I knew Isabella had some extra special presents in her diaper.  Dreading having to change a diaper that smelled bad enough we should have evacuated the house because of contamination I walked slowly to get a diaper and the wipes ready for war.

I got back to the pack 'n play only to find that my daughter was trying to give herself a spa treatment with a mud bath.  She had expelled so much that the whole crib was brown along with her and her toys.  In complete joy I rushed her to the bathtub for decontamination.  After spraying Isabella off I went to work cleaning her sleeping area.  I took the sheets down to the washer and put the toys in the sink for a bleach and water bath.

I returned to the living room to find my amazing son not wanting to be out done by his little sister.  I knew I was in trouble when I saw his shorts laying by the gate.  Sure enough he is standing in the middle of the living room laughing at me.  I am begging in my head for him to not do it... but by the time i got to him he was painting the rug yellow as only a little boy could do.

I guess I must have scared him as I ran across  the room in a dead sprint because he began to cry.  Sure enough it was loud enough to wake the bear.  Daddy came to the gate and gave me the look then crawled back into bed.  If only he knew what was going on at that point in time. 

Lesson learned when one kid decides to make the evening something to remember, the other will follow suit so they aren't outdone! 


Painting the world in love

My friend Michelle has two children close to Gabriel and Isabella's age.  Adri is about 4 months than Gabriel and Sam is about two months younger than Isabella.  We went to the park together this week and here are the too darn cute pictures that resulted.  Adri is not in them because she was off playing on the playground.

Isabella and Sam
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Gabriel is Isabella and Sam's teacher, just look!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
So cute!
Photobucket
Photobucket

Painting the world in sleep
BigFoot (Biggy) thinks he is one of the kids.  They love him because he likes to be beat up on!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

Painting the world in big girl pants
Isabella is too big for her britches! She needs to get onto the floor and roll around like a baby!  She is set on growing up too fast.  She completely looks ready to do some cool 80's jazzercise workouts!
Photobucket
Photobucket

1 comment:

  1. You have such cute kids! I love your kitty too :) I really want to get one when I get into a new house!

    ReplyDelete