Monday, November 2, 2009

no news is good news

Why can't we stick with the no news?!

Gabriel's pediatrician personally called me tonight. As soon as I heard his voice I knew we were in for some bad news. Gabriel has lead in his blood. The use a scale of 1-10 to rate how much blood is in a child's system. 1 is a very little bit and 10 is hospital, it is being worked on where a 5 is an emergency stage of lead in the blood. Gabriel has a level 3 in his system right now.

We are to call the county health department tomorrow to see what their suggestion is. We have to test our house and my in-laws house to see if there is lead in the house itself. We also have to test EVERY toy. Should be interesting.

We need to remove everything with lead and Gabriel will be retested in 6 months. I hoping we find the main cause of his high levels very quickly.

In the mean time, I have been down with a sinus infection. I was put on antibiotics on Saturday. They should be kicking in by now, right?! I am so tired on top of feeling like poo... Oh well, a little time and all will be good. I took today and tomorrow off of work to try to get on top of my game instead of going back too soon and getting sicker.

4 comments:

  1. Oh no- so sorry to hear this! And that you're feeling bad too-that never helps the situation. Hope you can find out the cause quickly and the Gabriel will be just fine. Take care of yourself!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so sorry about the lead. Scray stuff. Hope you can find where it is coming from. Hope you are feeling better soon, I am having sinus issues right now too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. you will find it!!!! I hope you feel better soon!!! Love ya Erika

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm sorry. James had lead poisoning, too. The team never did find out where it came from. His lead level came down steadily, and we're not being followed by the county anymore. Be sure to ask at the lab for someone with a lot of experience with babies--it made such a difference for us to have a phlebotomist who could test so quickly and accurately, which is tough with our little guys.

    ReplyDelete