Monday, July 8, 2013

feeding therapy

Phia, I rocked feeding therapy today.
 photo null_zps5d4fc355.jpg
You did?
 photo null_zpsac72cc2e.jpg
Yup, I ate banana off a fork and crunched a whole gold fish without choking!
 photo null_zpsd8d8a753.jpg
WOW, I am still on boo-boo milk.
 photo null_zps82dea10f.jpg
Don't worry Sis, some day you will be able to eat as good as I do.
 photo null_zps76fe4bf5.jpg
She can eat like me too Gabers.
 photo null_zps2875e7dc.jpg
Isabella she does not need to be eating donuts and cake-cake like it is going out of style.
 photo null_zps3c517132.jpg
MMMMM donuts sound good Gabriel.
 photo null_zpsdc495141.jpg
I will sneak you some donuts Phia.
 photo null_zps2d193c6c.jpg
Give me Phia before you corrupt her!
  photo null_zps6d2a1778.jpg 
Don't worry Phia, I've got your back from Gabers.
 photo null_zps8c1933a3.jpg
I will keep you safe from Sis!
 photo null_zps1ad1b614.jpg
I did so good at feeding therapy mom gave me a surprise.
 photo null_zps1d88bf29.jpg
It was the best surprise ever!
 photo null_zps942531c8.jpg
I love my daddy, I got to visit him at work for a moment!
 photo null_zpscdc26c28.jpg 
Mom's notes- Slow and steady progress for Gabriel. He is working on texture upgrading at feeding therapy. He is at the point he needs to and can eat solids. We have been working on him crushing goldfish for the last month.  He does okay with it in the mesh bags (will do a picture visual another time) but once the cracker is placed on his molars (chewing teeth) he tends to freak out a bit.  He is completely physically able to crush the cracker pieces without choking but has not mentally figured out that he can do it. Today was the first trial with a mushy food.  Gabriel really did very good with the banana.  We will see what Thursday brings but this was very very encouraging. Slow and steady wins the race.  We have worked on this feeding thing for almost 5 years.  We will continue to work on it until there is no progress to be made. We have come a long way!

2 comments:

  1. Good Job, Gabers! grampa is proud of you, little buddy. Little by little. Pretty soon you will be eating 24oz T-Bones like Little- Miss-Eat-Mass-Quantities! grampsH

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yay, Gabriel! It's so good to see his progress. Cooper seems to be on a similar path and it's very encouraging to see how far Gabriel has come. Good job, little man!

    ReplyDelete