Monday, September 13, 2010

busy weekend!

Gabriel made some amazing strides this weekend!
  • Gabriel can now officially speak.  He would say mamama and dadada but they have no meaning to him.  This weekend he started saying "bye bye" as he waves good bye.  He will even do it on command when he wants to!  My little man is communicating and not just with grunts.  I am so darn excited!  I am currently trying to figure out how to load the video from my cell phone onto the computer with the sound working correctly.
  • Gabriel loves jalapenos flavored food (YUCK)!  Gabe has managed to get him to "Kiss" some jalapeno pringles on a regular basis.  The other day he bit a pringle.  He of course spit out all of the little pieces but having him attempt to bit something is HUGE!  Last night he not only bit several pringles but he also ATE several pieces.  This is so AMAZING I don't know how to describe how proud of him we are!  
  • Gabriel is quite the dancer!  We knew Gabriel could rock the booga bop! (Bouncing as he sits on the floor) We knew Gabriel could rock the maniac! (Stomping his feet as quickly as possible, completely Kevin Bacon in Footloose style) Nothing prepared us for the maniac booga bop that happened yesterday.  If I had not been so upset at the time I would have thought to grab the camera!
          My little man grabbed the pringles his daddy had been feeding him.  He dumped the last third of the 
          container onto the couch and proceeded to stomp on them and dance like a dancing fool!  He was so
          darn proud of himself!  As I said, if I had not seen such a huge mess I would have appreciated the 
          moment when it happened instead of looking back on it afterward.

Isabella has no interest in being a baby.  She wants to be on the move 24/7.  I think she gets upset that her body wants to sleep!  She is surfing the furniture around the house more and more.  She is standing up with out support on a regular basis.  It is only a matter of time before she is running around with her brother.

If you have not already and you are able to, will you please donate to the Down syndrome of West Michigan's Buddy Walk.  The money goes to help educate about Down syndrome.  Every dollar helps.  We all spend a dollar on silly things we dont need.  You dollar will go to an amazing use!  If you have any questions please feel free to email me.  To email me you can click on the little envelope at the bottom of this post. Thank you for your support!

1 comment:

  1. Ernie: Thrivent will match $1 for $1 to the Buddy Walk. I will bring our check and form with us to Buddy Walk next weekend. I am on for $100 (company matchwill be $100) and Mom will give me her money which I will add and company will equal. My guess is we are in for $300 to $400 total;(if you want to add it to your total, OK...but I am giving check to you) Grampa H

    ReplyDelete