Wednesday, January 7, 2009

Back to work

Well, after having two amazing weeks off of work to be with Gabriel, I am back to work. It is hard not getting to see him all of the time. He is sleeping quite a bit so I am missing most of his awake moments. We timed him over break, he is awake for only 4-6 hours a day. It stinks missing a moment of that time.
Gabe was able to take two weeks off as well so we got to see each other. His working 3rd shift is pretty hard. We see each other in passing. He is trying to get back use to the whole midnight thing.
Gabriel is such a happy little man. He is always smiling and laughing, even in his sleep. I could hear him over the monitor last night laughing. I went to see what he was up to. He must have been having a very happy baby dream because he was sound to sleep laughing.
Everything is going pretty good around here. We are just taking things one day at a time.

1 comment:

  1. I hope school is going well. When I taught, I was never ready to go back in January. Now that Lily is here, I bet it would be so much more difficult. I'm glad I get to be a SAHM, but I do miss teaching!

    Lily has NEVER been a good napper, even before her surgery. However, from talking with others, I've learned that their little ones sleep more and more as they get closer to surgery. I guess it's the body's way of conserving energy since the poor little heart is working so hard.

    I read your post on BBC. You definitely have the right attitude about surgery. Unfortunately, it's a "necessary evil". Gabriel will be so much stronger almost immediately. I hope you can get a date sooner rather than later. I don't know if I've told you before or not, but getting an actual surgery date felt like someone kicked me in the stomach...about 100 times. Having that date was really hard on me for some reason. Just a little warning! Of course, it may not have the same effect on you :)

    I'm thinking of you and praying for your family!

    ReplyDelete