Sunday, February 1, 2009

Weekend fun

What a weekend. Gabe and I cleaned to make sure that things were extra good for when Gabriel comes home. We dusted, vacuumed and wiped the wood floors down. We are hoping that the cats don't take over like they did when Gabriel was in the hospital at birth. We are still finding their "toys". They even took my teddy bear, Hubert, who is 3 feet tall from upstairs down two flights of stairs to the basement where they slept on him. Hubert has been locked away;) All plants are in rooms where the doors will be shut so we wont have that destruction again either.

I haven't been sleeping very well. I know that Gabriel is a strong little man and will come out of this with a sexy scar but the thought handing him off to the nurses and then seeing him there in the hospital so defenseless scares me. Next week at this time surgery will be over and he will be on his way healing. I will read this and have answers to most of the questions that run through my head at night. I just have to make it through Thursday to Friday... I am happy that Gabriel will be the first surgery of the day so that I can get over my two biggest fears as quickly as possible. I have already informed Gabe that he has to hand Gabriel to the nurses. I know that they are wonderful and will take amazing care of my little man but it is the point in which I wont have control over what is happening.

On a good note. I took Gabriel to get his 6 month pictures taken a little early. We took "naked" baby pictures so that we can see before scar and after. They turned out great. I can't wait to see them printed out. I should get the online version while we are at the hospital. I will post them. We will have after scar pictures taken when he is allowed to be out and about. It will be a while.

My parents, sister, and aunt Billi came up today to see Gabriel before his surgery. I was in the process of finishing cleaning Gabriel's bed room out when they showed up. For some reason I did not expect them for another half hour. I really wanted to get everything cleaned and put away and I was completely thrown off my schedule. They came to visit Gabriel not me so I finished my cleaning before becoming social. We all went to Holland and ate at Gabe and my favorite restaurant. YUM, thai. With surgery being on the 6th I had completely forgotten that my birthday is on Tuesday. I wish I could take it off and spend the day with Gabe and Gabriel but I don't have enough sick days to do that. So I will settle for seeing them when I get home from school, just like every other day.

All I have left to do at home is pack. I have started packing but will have to wait until Gabriel is asleep. He wants my attention, which is just fine with me;)

I have more than a few things left to do at work. Three days to get everything done... I will make it. What I can't get done, I can't get done. I have all of my lesson plans done. I just have to get some Special Education paperwork done. Oh the paperwork, there is NO way to every finish it. I am not taking it with me because I know that it will not get done with Gabriel in the hospital. I can have good intentions but the reality is that it is just more to carry and I most likely will not even take it out of the bag that I bring it in.

Okay everyone, it is Gabriel time. He is telling me he is hungry. Gabe would tell me to stop writing a book. (Gabe is in the garage training on his bike). Off I go!

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear that you had some pre-op pictures taken. We did that too.

    I know from experience that the "not knowing" part of all of this really is hard. If I can answer any questions at all...please e-mail me!!!!!!!

    Soon all of this will be a distant memory. I kept telling myself that this was a hurdle that we had to get through in order to be able to keep our sweet little Lily.

    Try to take a little time to enjoy your birthday...even if it's just spending the whole evening on the couch with your two guys!

    ReplyDelete