Saturday, February 28, 2009

What is sleep?

Gabriel is on hospital time. He forgot that our time is to bed at 9pm and up at 4:30am (when mommy gets him up and ready for Grandma and Grandpa's). Instead he has been up almost all night for the past three nights. Daddy got the privilege of rocking him most of the night last night so I could get some sleep. I was working on empty. I had been up with him the last two nights and up with Gabe when he got home and no naps. Needless to say I was more than a bit grouchy yesterday.

We are hoping to get back on Gabriel time SOON. I am back to work on Monday. It is going to be a very long week!

5 comments:

  1. I hope you all get some good sleep soon! I know it can be so hard running on very little sleep.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It took about three weeks for Lily to get back on our schedule. Unfortunately there isn't much difference between days and nights in the hospital and our little ones get a bit "confused". You might have to arrange for help during the nights too if it continues for too long.

    Hope things change soon! Keep focusing on the "yay were home" thing!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh - I remember those first days home. I worried I would never get a good night's sleep again. Fear not - as Cathy mentioned it will get better.
    I am so happy you are all back home! T

    ReplyDelete
  4. We are so glad to hear Gabriel is doing so well. Prayers are answered!!!. Hang on cause it does get better and better. Zack got paracarditis (inflamation of the sack around the heart,not sure of the spelling) after he got home and cried for 2 weeks.But the end results of all this is heavenly. Lean on your family cause that what they want you to do. You are so blessed. Take care of yourselves and Gabriel.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yes, I can sympathize! Not sure if Gabe lost any weight from the surgery, but Dylan lost a couple of pounds and definitely reverted back to a "newborn" feeding schedule (feeding every 2-3 hours around the clock!) for the first few weeks after we got home from the hospital.
    Hang in there. He'll be back to his old ways soon.
    ((Hugs))

    ReplyDelete