Wednesday, November 17, 2010

Where is the end of this trip

Enough is enough already.  I just want Gabriel to feel better again!  What the heck is going on in his little body?  He started throwing up again last night.  He vomited all though the night into the early morning hours.  He finally stopped after 5am.  He has also started having very bad diarrhea every time he drinks.  He consistently ran a 100-101 temperature last night and through the day today.  He is not even on his pediasure diet.  We have kept him to pedialyte to make sure we are not causing him more troubles.

Getting Gabriel to take medication is next to impossible.  Even as weak as he is right now he will use up every ounce of energy he can find to fight off taking meds.  He learned many moves from his months and months of having a feeding tube. 

I called the pediatricians office first thing the morning.  The phone nurse wanted to get rid of me as fast as possible.  I wanted her to ask if a side effect of the antibiotic could be diarrhea.  If that is the case, it is a simple fix, they can just call us in a different antibiotic.  She really did not let me get much of a word in.  She pulled up Gabriel's chart, got the basics of what was going on and informed me that if I thought he was getting dehydrated to take him into Devos.  They do not see children for dehydration.  I know that the doctors office does not see children for dehydration.  So, that was a pointless call.

I looked Augmentin up online and it does say that a side effect can be diarrhea.  I stopped giving it to Gabriel and will see if the diarrhea stops.  I plan on calling again in the morning if he does stop with the diarrhea and asking for a different antibiotic.  If that doesn't help I will start Gabriel back up on it first thing in the morning.

We had little shining star moments thought the day.  He walked over to his sister and took one of her toys before laying down to take a rest.  He walked to Papa when papa came to see how he was doing.  Overall he has pretty much wanted to be held the entire day.  Poor little man is so weak he is very unsteady on his feet.

I have had three days off work already this week but it looks like I am going to miss tomorrow as well.  I know my students are hurting by my being home but home is where I have to be right now.  Thank goodness I work with some amazing women who are there to help my kids!

The second box for our Gerber party Sunday came in today.  I sure hope Gabriel is up to it!
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Isabella is excited
Photobucket
Photobucket
Gabriel during a good moment today, so happy to see his smile again! 
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment